Money is a very sensitive and subjective topic. Different people have different opinions about it. However, there are some universal facts about this physical form of wealth.
Undoubtedly, money is an important part of life. You can’t survive without it. With that said, it is also essential that earning loads of money isn’t the only thing you wish to do in life. After all, you may have a billionaire mindset and look at success in a purely materialistic way, but in the end, service to others and a deeper sense of purpose may lead to a more meaningful existence.
It is important to be mindful of the fact that excessive obsession with money can be very toxic.
Whether money does or doesn’t buy happiness is a topic widely discussed. And according to a study, money can make you feel happier by contributing to your overall well-being.
With that said, continue reading the following ‘money can’t buy happiness’ quotes for some insights from successful individuals.
What Does the Phrase ‘Money Can’t Buy Happiness’ Mean?
The meaning of this phrase is self-explanatory. It means that you can gain materialistic and physical possessions by using money. But the feeling that only true happiness gives human beings can never be bought using money.
Money Can’t Buy Happiness Quotes
Money can buy you your favorite car, a big house, useful gadgets, your favorite food, and countless other things. But can it buy you happiness?
Well, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. It really depends on your outlook towards money.
But we have compiled the best quotes that deal with money and happiness for you to read and explore the topic.
- “…it is a fact that money exhilarates people, it puts them in hysterias of good cheer, they suddenly care about you and want the best for you.”–E.L. Doctrow
- “They say money can’t buy happiness. But it can sure as hell solve a lot of problems!”–Robert Rolih
- “I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks. Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too.”–Steve Martin
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.”–Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul… By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich.”–Democritus
- “I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.”–Mark Twain
- “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.”–Woody Allen
- “When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know that it is.”–Oscar Wilde
- “Wealth is the ability to truly experience life.”–Henry David Thoreau
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”–Jim Rohn
- “Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.”–Jackie Mason
- “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.”–Bo Derek
- “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.”–Helen Gurley Brown
- “What’s the use of happiness? It can’t buy you money.”–Henny Youngman
- “Money cannot buy happiness; it can, however, rent it.”–Gordon Livingston
- “A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.”–Jonathan Swift
- “Money makes the world go round.”–John Kander
- “The best things in life are free – and $19.95.”–Billy Mays
- “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”–Will Smith
- “Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don’t want..to impress people that they don’t like.” –Will Rogers
- “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus
- “Money often costs too much.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every day is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we’ve got 24 hours each.” – Christopher Rice
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.” – Warren Buffett
- “Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery.” – Charles Dickens
- “Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” –Benjamin Franklin
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
- “Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.” –Dave Ramsey
- “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” – Seneca
- “He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
We hope you liked the quotes we’ve collected for you. Remember to read them again if you feel the need to.
As money is a personal matter, find what works the best for you. If you want to buy your favorite car, sure, work hard for it. Just always keep a motivated mindset and you’ll be well on your way.
But if you are looking for peace of mind in money, you might not find it there. Therefore, it is important to focus on the greater things in life as well.
Finding comfort in the little things is also important. Help others, spend time with family, be kind to people. These things are also a gateway to becoming happier.
Read the above can money buy happiness quotes whenever you want to learn more about the subject.
If you liked this blog post, consider sharing it with a friend.