Let’s be honest with ourselves here, the people in this world are competing against each other at every level. Every day you wake up and remind yourself you have to be at your best today. And if you aren’t, you’ll get left behind or run over by the never-ending and cutthroat competition.
But there will come a day when you don’t want to be a part of this competition anymore. And those are the days you will have to get through successfully, without giving up.
And self-encouragement will help you get through it.
That is why knowing how to say words of encouragement to yourself the right way is extremely important.
This article brings you a complete guide on how to do that.
Why Is It Important to Encourage Yourself?
Encouraging yourself is the key to feeling motivated. And without motivation, it is very hard to stay positive and hunt your goals in life.
Encouraging yourself has many benefits, some of which are listed below.
Helps You Grab Valuable Opportunities
If you don’t feel encouraged enough, you will have no reason to look for new opportunities and learn. But if you encourage yourself, and are always on top of your game, the possibilities of getting excellent and valuable opportunities will increase significantly.
Makes You Look Strong
Helps You Get Through The Bad Days
As discussed earlier, you won’t feel motivated every day. That is why you have to find ways to keep a positive mindset no matter what. Life is hard, and you will face countless obstacles. But words of encouragement will help you achieve success, even on your bad days.
How To Self-Encourage Yourself
Now that we have talked about the importance and power of encouragement, it’s time to explore the ways to do it.
In this section, I will dive deep into some of the practical ways that you can use to encourage yourself into succeeding and becoming the person who you want to be.
1. Note Down Your Achievements Throughout The Day
Often, the best way to remind yourself how good and capable you are is through reflecting on your achievements. So keep a diary or anything similar that you can use to note your accomplishments on.
It could be anything. If you wake up on time, then you deserve a pat on the back. Reading your diary every end of the day will encourage you to keep up the excellent work and never give up.
2. Celebrate Your Achievements
I cannot emphasize this point enough. It is important to celebrate your accomplishments. This will not only give you the confidence you need, but also time to self-reflect and prepare for the next big thing in your life.
It will also make you realize how far you have come and how much you have achieved. And knowing the progress that you have made is extremely important for producing significant results in the future.
3. Surround Yourself With Positive and Goal-Oriented People
When you surround yourself with people who have a positive mindset, you automatically eliminate negativity from your life. More often than not, these people always try to focus on growth, which is a win-win for you if you spend most of your time with them.
Talking about positivity and growth will automatically encourage you to do your best in life and see things with a positive mindset.
In doing so, this will give you the power and courage to deal with bad times with greater self-control.
4. Have Clarity of Thought
If you know your purpose and vision, you will need very few words of external encouragement. Your goals will attract you towards them and ignite the desire of achieving them within you.
Just remember to keep negative thoughts away. Good things always take time.
5. Take Action
The best way to clear self-doubt is to take action and prove to yourself you have what it takes. No words of encouragement can help you as much as taking action and doing the right thing.
The hardest part in becoming successful is getting started. The initial stages are always the most difficult. But if you stay positive, show courage, and believe in yourself, you will always accomplish your dreams.
Nothing encourages a person more than seeing his hard work paying off!
What Are Some Good Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement can prove to be the best confidence booster. So we have compiled a few encouraging words from influential and successful people for you to read.
These lines will be your perfect companion on your journey towards your dreams, so take them to heart.
- “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply. With greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
- “Courage, dear heart.” — C.S. Lewis
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
- “And you ask, ‘What if I fall?’ Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” — Erin Hanson
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry Thoreau
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you – always.”Oprah Winfrey
Here are several more you can say to yourself.
- “It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” — Confucius
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J.K. Rowling
- “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” — Robin Williams
- “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.” — Demi Lovato
- “A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” — Serena Williams
- “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
We are hopeful that this blog post will have helped you a lot. If you ever feel you aren’t at your best, read the tips written in this article. They will surely help you get through the hard times with your head held high!