Humility is a valuable and essential virtue that can bring a lot of benefits in our lives. It allows us to stay grounded, learn from others, and maintain healthy relationships. In this article, we’ve collected 47 be humble quotes from different sources that can inspire and motivate you to cultivate humility in your life. Whether you’re looking for a daily reminder or a source of inspiration, these quotes will help you stay humble and grateful.
Table of Contents
Why is Humility Important?
Before we delve into the quotes, let’s explore why humility is important. Humility is often associated with modesty, selflessness, and an accurate assessment of one’s abilities and limitations. When we’re humble, we’re open to learning from others, accepting feedback, and recognizing that we’re not perfect. This can help us improve ourselves, develop stronger relationships, and lead a more fulfilling life.
On the other hand, when we’re arrogant or boastful, we’re more likely to alienate others, miss opportunities for growth, and create unnecessary conflict. Humility can also help us appreciate what we have, be grateful for our blessings, and develop a sense of empathy and compassion for others.
With that said, let’s explore some be humble quotes that can inspire and motivate us to cultivate humility in our lives.
10 Inspirational Quotes about Humility
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – C.S. Lewis
- “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” – Rick Warren
- “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” – Thomas Merton
- “The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance.” – Samuel Butler
- “Humility is the foundation of all the other virtues hence, in the soul in which this virtue does not exist, there cannot be any other virtue except in mere appearance.” – Augustine of Hippo
- “Humility is not a weakness, it is a strength. It is the courage to be open to feedback and willing to learn.” – Unknown
- “Humility is the ability to give up your pride and still retain your dignity.” – Vanna Bonta
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – Anonymous
- “The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- “Humility is the foundation of wisdom.” – Unknown
10 Quotes about Humility and Success
- “Stay hungry, stay humble.” – Unknown
- “Humility is the secret to success. It’s the only way to reach the top.” – Unknown
- “Arrogance is the mother of all failures, humility is the mother of all successes.” – Unknown
- “Humility leads to strength and not to weakness. It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them.” – John J. McCloy
- “The greatest leaders are those most humble enough to admit their mistakes.” – John C. Maxwell
- “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” – Lou Holtz
- “When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.” – Walter Payton
- “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” – Gerry Spence
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “The biggest challenge in the world is being yourself… and no one can do it better than you.” – Unknown
10 Quotes about Humility and Leadership
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. They do not set out to be a leader, but become one by the equality of their actions and the integrity of their intent.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – Rick Warren
- “Leadership is not about being in charge. It’s about taking care of those in your charge.” – Simon Sinek
- “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example.” – John Wooden
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
- “Leadership is not a position or a title, it is action and example.” – Unknown
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Good leaders must first become good servants.” – Robert Greenleaf
17 More Be Humble Quotes to Inspire You
- “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
- “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “In a world that promotes self-promotion, humility is a lost art.” – Steven Furtick
- “You are not as important as you think you are.” – Unknown
- “Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “One of the best ways to stay humble is to remember that you didn’t get to where you are alone.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Humility is not a virtue that one can acquire in a day or two.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “To be humble is to be teachable. Meek, not weak. The most humble people are the most aggressive learners.” – Robin Sharma
- “The greatest strength is gentleness.” – Lao Tzu
- “Humility is the mother of giants. One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Stay true in the dark and humble in the spotlight.” – Harold B. Lee
- “The less you make room for ego in your life, the more room you have for love.” – Mariah Carey
- “Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.” – Ezra Taft Benson
- “If you want to be liftedup, lift others.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Humility is the foundation of all the other virtues hence, in the soul in which this virtue does not exist there cannot be any other virtue except in mere appearance.” – Saint Augustine
- “Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.” – Confucius
Humility is an essential trait that can make a significant difference in our lives, both personally and professionally. It allows us to connect better with others, listen more effectively, and create a positive impact on those around us. The 47 be humble quotes that we have shared above provide valuable insights into how we can embrace humility and make it an integral part of our lives.
Whether it’s learning from our mistakes, recognizing that we don’t know everything, or being willing to serve others, there are countless ways that we can practice humility in our daily lives. By doing so, we can become better leaders, friends, and human beings, and make a positive impact on the world.
- Why is humility important? Humility is important because it allows us to connect better with others, learn from our mistakes, and create a positive impact on those around us. It helps us build stronger relationships, be better leaders, and lead a more fulfilling life.
- Can you be too humble? Yes, it’s possible to be too humble. If you constantly downplay your achievements or underestimate your abilities, it can hinder your progress and prevent you from reaching your full potential.
- How can I practice humility? You can practice humility by recognizing your limitations, learning from your mistakes, and being willing to serve others. It’s also important to acknowledge the contributions of others and give credit where credit is due.
- What’s the difference between humility and low self-esteem? Humility and low self-esteem are not the same. Humility is about recognizing your limitations and acknowledging the contributions of others, while low self-esteem is a negative view of oneself. Humility is a positive trait that can help us grow and improve, while low self-esteem can hold us back.
- How can humility help me in my career? Humility can help you in your career by allowing you to build stronger relationships, learn from your mistakes, and be a better leader. It can also help you be more open to feedback and willing to collaborate with others, which can lead to greater success and job satisfaction.